Google

Custom Search

Football Dreams

MyBlogLog

Sponsored Logo

Free Image Hosting

My OleOle Screenshot

You can see directly to my profile

Henry expecting left-wing role with Barcelona

Thierry Henry is steeling himself for another campaign stuck out on the left wing for Barcelona.
Click here

The France striker was deployed out of position for much of last season, turning in a number of below-par performances that led to him being jeered by sections of the Barca crowd.

With Pep Guardiola replacing Frank Rijkaard as coach and striker Samuel Eto'o seemingly on his way out of the Nou Camp, Henry would have been hoping for a central role up front for the Spanish giants this coming season.

With Eto'o now staying at Barca, Henry forecasts another year out on the wing but is nevertheless happy with life under Guardiola.

'Contrary to this time last season, when I was injured, I have been able to participate in the entire pre-season with Barcelona,' said the new Les Bleus captain, currently on international duty with the France squad in Sweden.

'With Guardiola, the new coach, we are doing two training sessions a day with more intensity.

'To hear him say he has confidence in me makes me very pleased even though, after what I have seen in the preparation matches, I think I am going to continue playing on the left.'

0 comments:

More sport news from Telegraph.co.uk

Alexa Rank