Google

Custom Search

Football Dreams

MyBlogLog

Sponsored Logo

Free Image Hosting

My OleOle Screenshot

You can see directly to my profile

I Won't Celebrate Against Roma - Mancini


Inter winger Amantino Mancini has revealed that he will not celebrate against his old team Roma if he scores against them on Sunday.

The two rivals clash in the Supercoppa Italiana on Sunday evening as they tussle for some silverware before the Serie A season kicks off next week.

Mancini made the switch from Roma to Inter this summer in a €13m deal but he admits that he will not run around in delirium and punch the thin air in delight if he scores against his former team mates.

“Will I celebrate if I score? I have respect for Roma, so I don’t think I will,” Mancini told Sky Sport Italia.

“Maybe I will celebrate with my team mates after but to be honest I haven’t yet thought about whether I’ll score or not.

“The most important thing is that the Supercoppa stays in Milan and this is what we will aim for.”

The Brazilian then spoke about the last five years in the capital and he has some fond memories.

“My relationship with Roma was fantastic. I spent five years there and I had a great adventure wearing the Gialorossi jersey,” added the midfielder.

“I owe everything to the club as Roma gave me the possibilities to show my qualities. I am very grateful to them and to the fans, even though I changed club and there may be some sadness from the fans.

“However, I was always well there and Rome is one of the best city’s in the world. I will always hold Roma in my heart and in my mind.”

It’s likely to be a mouth watering game on Sunday. Julio Baptista is likely to clash against Inter as he makes his debut for Mancini’s old team.

Salvatore Landolina

0 comments:

More sport news from Telegraph.co.uk

Alexa Rank